Pages

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Oh the Fickleness!

Dear Mother Nature,

So a couple quick questions for you...

This is the month of April right?

K so I haven't lost track of time.

Last couple weeks you've given some nice 70 degree days haven't you?

And I'm very thankful that you did! It was very nice of you.

Well thanks for answering those questions so quickly and pleasantly. I do have one more for you...

Why on EARTH has it been SNOWING outside??

Sincerely,
Quite Perturbed




Dearest Mother Nature,

As I read my previous letter, I feel the harshness of my inquiries and ask for forgiveness.

(Negativity is never becoming on one's countenance. But alas, all have one fault or another.)

Rather, I should have taken the attitude of poet and thinker John Ruskin to heart, "Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating; there is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather."

There can be wonderful qualities located in any and all situations one might find themselves in residence, one simply has to focus on said qualities.

So I thank you Mother Nature, for letting me once more enjoy the simple beauties of a snow fall.

Cordially yours,
A Newly Thankful Heart

No comments:

Post a Comment