Pages

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Couple things

I don't know what it is but I always seem to post on here late at night. Anyways Christmas ended up being wonderful, very relaxed. I got to be Santa's helper, and it made Christmas morning a little bit more fun.

This past week, I've thought about weddings and New Years. Two random subjects, right? There have just been a couple receptions this week and a lot of talk about getting married and dating and such, plus New Year's Eve, so it just seemed like two natural things to think about. I'm not gonna write that much about marriage right now cause that's a little far off in the future for me, and I'm not into dwelling on it quite yet. But New Years, that's a different story.

This past year has gone by so quickly it's almost unfair and amazing at the same time. There are times in life where you want time to go by swiftly and others to go by slow, and this year has been one of both. Coming home from my mission and just hanging out at home, working, taking a few classes, has not been the most exciting portion of my life. in fact, there were times this year that I could have done without! But on the same token, I wouldn't have traded this time for anything. It's said that Heavenly Father gives us times of trial to strengthen us, to make us happy. I think, "A trial?? Make me happy?" But I look back on this time and I realize that the trials are necessary to make us happy, to help us appreciate the good a little bit more. They stretch us, cause us to reach certain potential that we couldn't unlock without them. I'm just grateful to my Heavenly Father for this past year, if not for the trials themselves, then the lessons learned and happiness gained from them.

Oh and just want to say a quick thank you to those few who read my blog. I wasn't expecting comments and when I got some I was pleasantly surprised. Again thanks!

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad we are best friends. You have no idea how much our phone conversation helped me last night. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So this probably really weird, since we've talked about twice, and that was way back fall semester of '08...but you popped up on my facebook feed and so I clicked on your profile, and noticed you had a blog. I couldn't help but a leave a comment :) It's a wonderful feeling when you start to see the blessings within trials. I hope this next year is even better for you!

    ReplyDelete