Pages

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

time gone by

It's already June! It just hit me today how far we are into this year... I can't believe how fast time's gone! Of course I'm not complaining, it's definitely a good thing, but I do think I need to find more of that "joy in the moment" that we keep hearing about, that awareness of just how good life is and how happy we should be. I find I have spurts of it here and there, but it never gets sustained and soon I'm dwelling in the past and future again. Now I'm aware that I have to have an awareness of the things outside my present, but life is just so much livable when you have that joy and your not searching for the next big thing. I've been reading and hearing a lot of quotes by President Thomas S. Monson lately and I love this quote of his,
"Let us relish life as we live it, find joy in the journey, and share our love with friends and family. One day each of us will run out of tomorrows."
So maybe that will be my new project for myself, staying in the present and not concerning myself so much with the past and future. Sound good? I think so.
Another great thing about June is that summer is really here!!! Oh summer, how I missed you! Playing outside, soakin up some sun, splashin in the pool, barbecues, hikin, campin, the list goes on and on. Bring on the fun! There's nothin quite like summertime!

No comments:

Post a Comment