Pages

Friday, June 4, 2010

Visiting the animal morgue

Well, I'm a couple days late relating this, but me and my friend Katelyn visited a museum on BYU's campus earlier this week and it was fascinating! I say animal morgue just cause it was full of the donated work of some taxidermists. And there were several floors of dead stuffed animals for our enjoyment! There was a liger named Shasta-
It was the first time I had ever seen a liger in person, and I was pretty in awe of the occasion even though it wasn't alive anymore.
There was a huge Kodiak bear-






Katelyn wasn't intimidated by it though, she struck a ferocious pose and I think she scared it stiff!(Get it?) You don't want to get her angry. But what really made that day was later on when we went to the grocery store to pick up some supplies for our festivities later on. You see, as some of you know, Katelyn is from my home state of NC and everyone expects us to have a deep southern drawl, which is not always the case around people who don't have an accent. But when we get around people who do, that little twang comes out. Well me and Katelyn decided to take it up a notch and talk like complete and total southern hicks the whole time we were in the store. We were saying things like "hunay child" and "hallelujur," all with a deep DEEP accent. I tell you we was gettin the strangest looks! And it was all we could do not to laugh. Of course we let loose once we left the store, and we didn't stop for a good 15 minutes. There ain't nuthin like goofin aroun wit ol friens!

No comments:

Post a Comment