Pages

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

I'm all yours!

If you wish to be a writer; write!
-Epictetus

I have that Peaches and Herb song running through my head.

Reunited! And it feels so good.

I'm back in the blogging world. And here to stay! Though this time, you will have me all to yourself, my little blog. Facebook? Twill be deleted within a day. Twitter? Deleted in the next hour. Instagram? Hmmm.. okay you may have to share me with Instagram, just a little bit. But they're all about pictures over there. You on the other hand, will get all my words.

Why the sudden change of heart, you ask? Well. That will require multiple answers.

For about a month now I've been berating myself for not writing more. Granted, I am back in school now, so I do write quite a bit more than I have in the past year. But I need to do MORE. Most of my school assignments are structured. I need a place were I can explore more writing and just have fun with it. Do it just for the heck of it. Facebook and Twitter aren't writing mediums. You, little blog, are.

In addition, there has been a thought sitting in the back of my mind over the last week or so. That patient little thought just waited there till this weekend, during the General Conference of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, it ran up to the front and gave my cranium a little rap. "Joey, Joey, Joey," it said, "Listen up. You're relying too much on social media. You occasionally talk to people on those sites, but most of the time you just observe. You're not using it to communicate, you're using it to watch other people's lives." I gaped at this little thought for a few minutes before coming to the realization.

The thought was right.

Thus, I'm taking a step back. Deleting Facebook and Twitter so I can reacquaint myself with methods of communicating to my friends and other people in more than 140 characters. You dig?

 So get ready, my dear little blog. Cause I'm in this for the long haul.

I don't know exactly what you will be seeing on here. All I know is that one thing will be me.

5 comments:

  1. I love this! You are strong haha I would die without twitter and facebook :) I can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a step! That's great though. I think more of us should do it. It gets so hard to communicate clearly on facebook because they are just snippets of thought. I myself decided to use my computer more to do service. The church has a "Create" site and "Helping in the Vineyard" You can make an account and help out is several ways.

    I look forward to reading your writing again!
    Love you bunches!! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this! hopefully this means you will talk to me more :) haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super excited about this! I can't wait to read your blog all the time :) Blogging is the best. Though mine isn't terribly deep most of the time... Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you guys, for getting excited with me! :) Hopefully I can live up to expectation!

    ReplyDelete