Pages

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Lists of Opportunity

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
-Winston Churchill
Oh Dear Little Blog, so much good is happening right now it's not even funny!

...seriously stop laughing.

Thank you.

As you might know, I'd been out of school for over a year at the start of this semester trying to accomplish some life goals in the way I thought I was supposed to. I was trying to live life according to my plan, my rules. While this a way one can certainly do that, much of the time, at least in my life, I've found that's not really the best way. I was trying to control things that were out of my control. Frustrating? ..What do you think..?  Well  then what is that best way, you might ask? Well DLB, I've found that it's usually finding out what the Man Upstairs has in mind for you, and then choosing His plan over your own, imperfect plan. Not that our's is bad. His is just better. At least, that's the conclusion I've come to for myself.

So with idea in mind, as well as the idea that I can always do good in whatever situation or place I find myself in, I came back to school. And let me tell you, the blessings and opportunities are just rolling in!

Shall I share a couple with you?

Yes?

Yes...

1. I made it into the Honors Program at UVU which was seriously the best decision I could have made as I came back to school. My classes are amazing, I have experienced so many new things through the program, and there's a possibility I might get some moolah to help with my schooling next semester. Good stuff? Check, check, and check.
2. Tomorrow I have an audition to try and get back into the UVU Chamber Choir, because a current member of the choir decided to go on his mission next semester (an awesome experience in and of itself). If I get in, I will have an opportunity not only to spend more time with some of my favorite people in the world, I also get to do one of my favorite things on a regular basis: sing. Plus, the Chamber Choir is taking a little trip at the end of next semester, one that I might have the chance to go on, to Ch..wait for it.......

China!!
3. The English and Honors programs are combining this summer for a Study Abroad trip to London, England. And I'm going. 'Nuff said.
4. What I might want to do for the rest of my life is slowly clearing itself up in my mind. It seems to get clearer each day.
5. My family and friends. Blessing. 'Nuff said.

These are just a few of the many. Exciting, huh? No worries, my DLB. I will try and keep you updated on these important subjects in my life. I know it's one of your favorite things to talk about.

1 comment: