Pages

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

my calling in life, pretty much figured it out!

Okay I've mentioned before how much I love writing right? I have? Well...
I LOVE WRITING!
It's seriously one of the best feelings in the world to get a story down on paper, to take pictures from my mind, of people events, places and describe them so that I and other people can enjoy them. Finding out that there's something that's not quite fitting with the rest of the story and getting to tweak and play with it till it does. Creating! There is no better feeling.
One reason I may be raving on and on right now is that I just got out of my fiction writing class... might very well be the reason. But it's also interesting that I've met quite a few people in the last few weeks who love writing and we've had discussions and read each other stories and I'm just like, I LOVE BEING A WRITER! (I don't feel like I'm emphasizing this enough)
And as I sit here writing all this it just makes me think of the English language, of language in general and what a phenomenon it is. That these random letters and sounds that human beings came up with to interpret the world around them has become one of the main hallmarks of civilization. Where would we be without it? Don't answer that question, it's rhetorical.

Ok so I'm done with that little shpeal, just had to get it outta my system, ya know? This past Sunday was an example of why I enjoy living in Utah. President Packer, Elder Holland and Siter Beck all came to our regional conference here and spoke to all the members in this area (for those who are confused by the terms heretofore mentioned check out Mormon.org). What spiritual giants! I was touched by every one of their talks and felt that each one was meant for me. It feels like I'm being really cliche today but its true that's how i felt. With General Conference right around the corner I am pumped!

Back to the writing thing for a sec, sorry but I just thought of it. Since coming back to school everyone's always asking me what my major is. Seriously... I have NEVER been asked a single question more in my entire life. So when I tell them English, a couple responses have just been whatever, but there are quite a few that say "Oh I'm soo jealous! I seriously would love that! I love writing but I'm terrible at it so I decided to go a different route." My comment to anyone out there who feels that way is write!! Don't not do anything just cause you stink at it, if everyone did that nothing would get done! Life is all about learning new things, then learning how to do them well. I'm not an amazing writer, but I'm learning how to be better one day by day. So do it! Or i'll come find you.. You think I'm kidding? You best sleep with one eye open!

No comments:

Post a Comment