Pages

Monday, March 14, 2011

Rinse and repeat

Don't you sometimes wish there was a Repeat button in life?

It occasionally pops into my head.

I have to admit.

Take this weekend for example:

-Two birthday celebrations for two fantastic friends
Jessica's on Friday, Brielle's on Saturday
One with amazing cupcakes, the other with amazing Italian As you can see, James and Winston just couldn't contain their excitement.

-Seeing the movie Tangled for the 5th time in theaters (dollar theater of course.) Can one see it too many times? I submit that you cannot.

-A wonderfully spiritual Sunday. That can make or break a weekend.

-Having my very first experience directing a "choir" of sorts. It was intense and a bit unnerving. Not gonna lie. I enjoyed it. Conclusion: much rather be a participant and get to sing myself.

-Playing Monopoly Deal for a few hours and then have some conversation that was deeper than a kiddie pool with some friends I hadn't spent time with in a while. Usually file those type of convos underneath the file of "Good Times and Favorites".

-Getting to sing hymns at my new favorite place in the world, The Beehive House, to some of my new favorite women, the sweetest and sassiest you will ever meet. And all over 80. They are sharp as whips, I tell ya.

I mean who wouldn't want this kind of weekend on repeat? Of course there were a few things I wouldn't mind leaving out the next time, BYU and Carolina losing in their championship games and plus there was those 6 hours of work on Saturday...

But ya know those moments are part of life too.

Good and not so good.

I guess I'm kinda glad, though, that there isn't a Repeat button. That would mean that I would never get to this week and get to go to San Fransisco! That's right ladies and gentlemen, first time in California for the Joester. Bout to take it by storm, that you had best believe.

I might try and post every day that we're there in SF, just cause I know there'll be a lot to write about. Can't guarantee anything though. So you'll just have to sit tight and see...

No comments:

Post a Comment