Pages

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

the colors of life

Cheesy title right?

Sorry, the brain couldn't think of anything more creative at the moment.

As this semester is drawing to a close this month, my life gets more and more busy. Bad thing? Nawwww, I love it! It helps me to feel like I'm accomplishing something.

Last weekend, my dear sister came down from Idaho for the Hindu Festival of Colors that was being held at the local Hindu temple. It's become quite the thing to do around here, and there were thousands that flocked to it this weekend. Insanity right? And this is just at one point during TWO days. There were people constantly streaming to and from the all encompassing cloud of colored chalk. Don't know much about the Holi festival?

I don't know much either.

You can read up a little bit about it here. Basically it's celebrating the end of winter and the advent of spring. Neat thing to experience!

More importantly, this week is the week before General Conference! My favorite time of the year. I looked back at my last post right before the one in October, and thought of the questions and thoughts answered and received during that wonderful weekend and I get even more ecstatic.

This week, me and a few friends decided to do something a little different than normal. We decided to not only prepare ourselves spiritually for all the wonderful moments this weekend, but also physically and mentally. Every day this week, I will exercise, read my scriptures and pray, and get enough sleep.

It's been three days.

I think I might just continue doing this after conference. There are few times when I have felt better, or gotten more accomplished than in these past few days. It's a reminder lesson to me that by small things, great things are really brought to pass. All of us, whether we be LDS or not, can benefit from living our lives well and taking care of ourselves.

Ideas you might have about preparing for conference or just enjoying life more.

Go ahead and post em.

Right....

...now.

2 comments:

  1. Something that I find helps me stay positive about life is to take time every day to eat with people as often as possible. Whenever you're hungry, finding someone to go get food with you and talking to them can be a cheerful interlude to what might otherwise be a stressful day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep paper and pen handy to take notes. I like your idea for the week before. Love you!

    ReplyDelete