Pages

Monday, October 11, 2010

10.10.10

Yes I know what you're thinking right now.

JOEY! 10.10.10 was yesterday! Why are you titling your post that? What are you, an idiot?

While that has actually been a proven fact from time to time, the answer is... no I am not an idiot. I did have a really great idea for a post yesterday during the actual event, but I was mucho occupado. A born Spanish speaker, I know.
So here is my 10.10.10 post...a day late.(Humor me)

Happy 10.10.10 everyone! I mean seriously, how often is this gonna happen? Umm, try not for the next 100 years! Kind of a big deal right? Right.

So for this epic day, let's review some of the cool things that contain the number 10:

-ten fingers
-ten toes
-Ten Commandments
-ten pins in bowling
-ten yards in a first down
-ten years in a decade
-Ten Lost Tribes of Israel
-"the perfect 10"
-ten provinces of Canada
-tithing is one/tenth of income

And if that's not enough, I've been inspired to list 10 reasons why I love 10.10.10. (You're getting tired of hearing me say that aren't you?) I know I know.. this is really cliche, but again this is a monumental occasion, which always calls for a little bit of the cliche:

1. It's on a Sunday, BEST day of the week

2. I slept in

3. A couple meaningful bonding moments with my sister

4. The weather was perfect

5. I finished a book, Girl with the Pearl Earring

6. I started a book, The Glass Castle

7. I helped make the most amazing apple pie

8. I ate said pie

9. Watched and laughed at some amazingly funny Youtube videos

10. At 10:10 pm, I took part in one of the best 10 song dance parties I had ever been too(thus, making it the only one I've ever been to)






Be jealous. We know we're awesome.





As before mentioned, it was Sunday. All we could dance to was Everclean and EFY music. Epic.

So that's why 10.10.10 was a day for the history books. And don't feel bad. If you're day was nothing like the illustrious list you've just witnessed, well... there's always a hundred years from now!

No comments:

Post a Comment