Pages

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Take it easy

I've come to a realization.

I can be super uptight and worried about the most trivial things.
Problem?
I think so.
Huge problem?
Probably not.

It's not all the time that this happens, but it happens more than I would like it to. It probably goes back to that fear of the uncertain that I have. So what to do about it?

My mother is a giant when it comes to spiritual matters. I often have heard much of what she tells me, but I forget it so easily she usually has to repeat it three or four.. or eight.. times.
It's that uncertainty that turns us to God. The scary part comes from trying to do it alone. Just trust Him.
That's what she says to me. Genius right?

Mom would just call it common sense. In a sense it is. We know that if we trust in God and know that He is in control of affairs, life becomes less complicated.

So I need to take it easy. Don't worry about things that aren't in my control. Concentrate on things that are. Follow what He knows is best for me.

There will be clouds. The sunshine is brighter.
(via: alaska-in-pictures.com)

1 comment:

  1. I don't think I would call it common sense but knowing from experience. I'm still learning it! You're the best! Love you! Mom

    ReplyDelete