Pages

Monday, October 18, 2010

I don't wanna grow up

Isn't it strange?

What did you want most of all when you were a kid? I wanted to grow up.

Nothing has changed. I still wanna grow up. There are moments, however, that I still wanna stay a kid...

Wake up early on Saturday morning to watch cartoons.

Still believe in Santa.

Run around with the rest of the kids on the block.

Thinking the most evil beings in the world are the monsters in my closet.

Be unashamed to use my imagination to its potential.

Get a couple dollars from doing chores, wonder what I'm gonna do with all that money.

Have a perception of the world that is almost magical.

No longer am I this child. I received my wish. I grew up, mostly. There are wonderful moments in my adult world. Decisions made, responsibilities lived up to, growth perceived. I enjoy being an adult.

Then there are moments. Childlike fun. Innocence recaptured, if for a moment. I think back.

I don't wanna grow up.

{ahbengsworld.blogspot.com}
{sodahead.com}

No comments:

Post a Comment