Pages

Thursday, October 21, 2010

It's a Matter of Trust

I'm at my second home right now.

Campus.

I literally live here.

But I was just asking a friend what I should write about on my blog today because I was drawing a complete blank. It happens often.

She said, and I quote:
Write something about trusting in the Lord and about being anxious and waiting but needing to trust that everything will work out if you are doing all you can to keep His commandments and be the best u can be.
I reminded her that I write about that subject often, and that I wanted to write about something else. She told me that I didn't always write about specifically that. And she's right.

As usual.

In fact, why can't I write about it every time? It's an important enough topic, one that we should be remembering on a daily basis. Trusting in the Lord.How hard is that really? Everyone makes it seem easy enough. But do we really truly trust Him? Deeply and unconditionally? When you think about it, wanting to trust Him is the easy part and kinda sorta trusting Him is not much harder. It's completely and totally trusting that's the hard part, at least that's been my experience. So how do we go about that? Elder Gene R. Cook told us-

...may I make these few suggestions that will help you stay close to and trust in the Lord:

1. Pray to Him, continually seeking revelation throughout the day. (See 2 Ne. 9:52.)

2. Read His scriptures daily, even if only for a few minutes. They will give you direction in this world and teach you of the world to come.

3. Exercise faith and keep the things of the Spirit as the first priority in your life, then all else will be appropriately added.

4. Seek to do His will, not your own, humbling yourself and repenting or changing your life as needed.

5. Love others; serve them. Feed the Lord’s flock.

6. Keep the commandments with exactness.

Remember, the Lord will ultimately prosper those who keep His commandments. He said: “And if it so be that the children of men keep the commandments of God he doth nourish them, and strengthen them, and provide means whereby they can accomplish the thing which he has commanded them.” (1 Ne. 17:3
)
Gene R. Cook, “Trust in the Lord,” Tambuli, Aug 1986, 32

Can we try that?

I will.

The Lord's always on our side. We just gotta make sure we stay on His.

photo:{streetsblog.org}

No comments:

Post a Comment