Pages

Friday, October 15, 2010

Masterpieces..

Watched Phantom of the Opera the other night.

Anyone else like that movie/musical? I sure do.

Once again, I realize the genius of Andrew Lloyd Webber. The music. The story. I get goosebumps every time.

The endless war between light and dark. The effects of a cruel world. Learning to accept oneself. Eternal love.



It's hard to pick a favorite song from this masterpiece but if I had to choose, it would be this beautifully haunting excerpt. It's been stuck in my head for the past couple days.

As you can see on the right had side of this page, I have started reading Les Miserables which I am ecstatic about! I have always wanted to bury myself in this book, especially after seeing the film version (non-musical). It's a little daunting, for it's no feat for the faint-hearted. But what a book! One of the most critically acclaimed pieces of literature of all time.

And I'm reading it.

Deep breath...

Dive in.

No comments:

Post a Comment