Pages

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

What I wouldn't give to be a flat person

I have a visitor this week.

A letter came from Esther, my little sister, a couple days ago. I was a tad surprised. My birthday had been a couple weeks prior so it couldn't be that... What in the world?! There's a little man in the envelope! A letter emerged with the man.

Flat Stanley.

For those of you who don't recognize this beloved childrens character (and those of you who fit that description apparently had no childhood), Flat Stanley is a little boy who gets tragically crushed by a bulletin board, and becomes a flat-two dimensional figure. A blessing in disguise it seems, for now Stanley can travel around the world in an envelope having adventures.

He had been sent to me so that he could learn about the place where I live, work, play, etc.

Needless to say, I got kind of giddy. That may sound a tad bit dorky, but oh well. I felt extremely touched that my sister would trust me with him so that she and her class could learn more about the world. I immediately started planning places to take Stanley, planning to take pictures of all of it.

Look for one of the next posts to be devoted to this. It's gonna be fun!

book photo:{llworldtour.com}

1 comment:

  1. Oh, my goodness! I LOVE flat Stanley! And that story about your little sister is just adorable. So cute.....

    ~erin

    ReplyDelete